domingo, 24 de febrero de 2013

Silver Linings Playbook



Silver Linings Playbook directed by David O. Russell

Well, this is the first of many movie reviews I'll do. I'm going to start with this one for two reasons: I love it, and tonight is Oscar night and it is nominated.

This is the story of Pat (Bradley Cooper) who is dealing with many issues at once and is not particularly in good shape. That all changes when he meets Tiffany (Jennifer Lawrence), who shows him another way of living his life. This is not a very good synopsis, I know it, but if you have not seen the film, it will do.

The film deals with human relations: father-son, mother-son, friendship, brothers… there's something for everyone here, to me, it was one of those films that make you think and be grateful for what you have. It's not a drama,(not a very hard drama, if you prefer it that way) which makes it even more interesting. The performance are just spectacular, specially Jennifer Lawrence who at just 22 has proved some talent, which will get her far. Robert De Niro has not been this good in years, and even Cooper, who is not at all one of my "to watch" actors , does a great job.

The one thing that is just incredible here is the writing, and if you have seen the film you will understand what I mean: The scene between Lawrence and De Niro? I mean, that must be the best writing in a movie i n years. Amazing.

The story is good, it has great characters, you will laugh, maybe cry if you are an emotional person… you will think, you will think again… Great film!

The one thing that may be considered a drawback: Some have mentioned that the first half of the movie is spectacular and that the other half is not that original and it's just a "cliche". That's not my opinion, but I thought I should say it so I could restate that I love Silver Linings Playbook.

MadHatterSays: Watch it!!
                               5/5

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario