miércoles, 20 de marzo de 2013

Alien



ALIEN directed by Ridley Scott

Hey everyone, I am terribly busy (thank you University) so from some time I will be reviewing films, which is way faster.
Today I'll be talking about Alien, one of the best horror/thriller films ever made, and (to me) Ridley Scott's finest work to date. 

To those of you who have not watched this or don't know what is it about, Alien tells the story of the crew of a spaceship (the Nostromo) that intercepts a signal from a distant planet on their way back home. They go to the planet and they find something there, something they did not expect and that will turn their lives into hell.
This is one of my favourite movies ever since I watched it for the first time. It has some of the greatest timing I have seen on any film. Every single character is as important as the next one and they are so well directed and detailed that you can relate to all of them at the same time. The performances, of course are great, (Sigourney Weaver is specially brilliant on her role of Ellen Ripley). There are scenes from this films that will go into history (as well as scenes from its sequel). Ridley Scott was a young filmmaker that knew precisely what he was doing in every shot, which I think he has not stopped doing, but his films are somewhat disappointing lately…
Going back to Alien, one of the reasons (to me, the ONE reason) for which this movie still remains one of the bests of his kind, is the magic of suggesting. There are no big surprises, no big attempts to scare the 
 audience, everything is psychological, and that is something we no longer have.

MadHatterSays: Watch it right away!
                               4.5/5

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario