miércoles, 13 de marzo de 2013

The Bridges of Madison county



The bridges of Madison County directed by Clint Eastwood

Hello everyone, I literally have no time to write today, I just got to my computer after all day, so, here's a quick review of this great romance.

The film tells the story of Francesca (Meryl Streep) and Robert (Clint Eastwood). They play a bored housewife from Iowa and a National Geographic reporter, they meet and have a great romance for over 4 days that will be with them for their entire lives.
I have both watched the film and read the book, they are quite different from one another but I love both. So, if you do not know this story, you might want to check both. The story is brilliantly told, and written. The characters are great, they are both very different and that's what makes the whole thing so attractive. Obviously, the performances are great, and obviously Meryl Streep got an Academy Award nomination for her role, no big surprise.
The music of the film is one of those scores that tear you apart every time it's on the film, really, I just cannot forget the theme of this film and every once in a while i listen to it and I experience the whole emotion of the film. This is, for me, one of the greatest romances of the last couple of decades, and it remains to be one of the very few films that can actually make me cry, (that ending scene in the car, anyone?) 

Oh, by the way, the lovely bridge from the film is probably a great touristic point in Madison, I guess it does exist, and I wouldn't mind going there and take a couple of pictures. No, really, jokes apart, this is a great story that you really should check out.

MadHatterSays: Watch it!
                               4/5

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario