jueves, 14 de marzo de 2013

Twilight



Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Hey everyone! I am not much inspired today but the thing with an everyday challenge is that you have to post every single day (lol). So, It's not going to take long, that's why I'm picking this one up today: everyone knows about it and it will be rather easy to give a quick review.

Well, again, everyone knows what Twilight is about: A boring girl (Bella) falls for a somewhat interesting vampire (Edward) ,that shines in daylight (rather than burning to death as most vampires would do, but this is "cooler" vampires what we are talking about, and of course, they don't die, they look pretty). Yeah, that's the main thing, (that goes on for 4 books ,btw) and there is a werewolf (Jacob) too, that falls in love with Bella, and hates Edward, so you've got a nice soap opera going in a nice high school environment.
Ok, now, more seriously. I wanted to read the book because I didn't want to be a hater without really giving the book a chance, and I must say (to my utter regret) that I did enjoy the first 25 pages (in which the characters are not in love with everything that shows up and all), it was somewhat funny to read (those 25 pages), and the relation between Bella and Edward was quite interesting until she discovers he is a sparkling vampire, from then on, everything is quite a mess.
I am not going to talk about the characters, because I think that "Boring" for the lead character is quite enough. "Somewhat interesting" is being way too nice for Edward and I did not get to read much about Jacob, so I really have nothing to say about him (luckily I'm not talking about the film, because if I was, I'd write pages and pages of everything that is wrong with those characters).

So, as you  can see, I am not a big fan of this Twilight phenomena, but I do respect miss Meyer for the achievement with this stories, she got to write The Host (previously reviewed) which was way cooler that twilight, and maybe she will go on to write great stuff in the future.

I hope i did not offend any Twilight fans (in case that anyone reading the blog is).

MadHatterSays: Don't read
                                1/5

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario