martes, 2 de abril de 2013

Game of thrones



Game of thrones

Finally! I have been trying to post this for a couple of hours and blogger wouldn't let me do it!, here it is, finally!!
Well, yesterday I wanted to review Once upon a time, but there was no new episode to review, so I couldn't. Then I realised that Game of Thrones premiered on Sunday, so I watched the episode, and I will talk about it quickly.


First of all, I am not a big fan of the series, and reading the books is one of my "to do" things of this summer. I wasn't much surprised with season 2, but I was expecting to watch the new episode and see what they did with it. I have to say that I have mixed thoughts about it, I thought it was great for the first 20 minutes, the sort of "prologue" was great, because it was different from what we were used to see in the series. The opening credits were somewhat different (I particularly loved how they pictured Winterfell), and as I said, the first half of the episode was really good because it looked as if it was growing up to something, but eventually, it was just that, growing to something (that will probably last until the last episode).
There is one thing that really bothered me, it was really annoying that "just because they got to season 3" they kept showing of the amazing special effects they can do... Yes, that is great CGI, but we are watching a television show, not Avatar, there's no need for much spectacle...but of course, that is only my opinion.
As for the characters, I think that Game of thrones benefits from having the most amazing characters on TV right now; I'm thinking about Tyron, or the Queen, or the Starks... all of them have background, and that makes for great story developing. The acting was amazing (the scene between Tyron and his father was brilliant). 

So, I know that the show will be growing up to an epic finale, just like last season, I only hope that they keep it interesting enough for me to go on watching.

MadHatterSays: Watch it
                               3/5

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario