lunes, 15 de abril de 2013

Oblivion



Oblivion

Hello everyone, I just came back from the movies, so I must be rally quick because I need to get some sleep. I went to watch the new Tom cruise film, here's what I thought of it.

Before I get to the film itself, I'm going to give you some background. Earth has been almost destroyed after a war, and Tom Cruise is supposed to be there getting sea water to get energy for another planet called "Titan" in which humanity has emigrated. 

I won't tell you more about it because half of it would be spoilers, so, I'll stop here. Now, the film: Oblivion is indeed an amazing piece to watch, it has great visual effects, great landscapes and the destruction of earth is quite brilliant to watch. But some nice images can't hide reality, Oblivion is one of those films that take themselves too seriously. As a friend of mine said, this is "the worst execution of the best idea one could have" and I agree with his opinion.

Technically, all but the score is great. The actors do the best they can with what they have (which is not much), and well, not even Mr. Freeman can help this two and a half hour film (although he is the best part of it). If you ask me, Oblivion has some nice lines, and some good intentions, but all the big surprises are too predictable and the plot gets stupid as it goes, so don't expect much mystery, there isn't.

MadHatterSays: Meh...
                2.5/5

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario