lunes, 1 de abril de 2013

Jurassic Park


Jurassic Park directed by Steven Spielberg        

Hello everyone! Today I'm going with an "oldie", and the reason is because Jurassic Park is going to be back on the big screen this year, and in 3D! so, here I go!

First of all, I have not read the novel by Michael Crichton, although I want to, so I'll be talking just about the film. The story, as I am sure you all know, is about a rich man who builds an amusement park, with dinosaurs. He seeks the approbation for the park from two archaeologists (Sam Neil and Laura Dern), to please his lawyers and investors. The trouble is, of course, that dinosaurs are not creatures that you can control so, you should expect the worse once they get there.


I have seen this film like 20 times, and every time I watch it, i enjoy it more. I think it has to do with the fact that back in the 90's, there wasn't so much CGi in pictures (actually, CGi came from Jurassic Park), and even though I like special effects, in a movie about dinosaurs, you really appreciate to see robots instead of digital dinosaurs. The story is about dinosaurs coming back to life, they have to be real, and that's something incredible to watch.

As I have said before, (i think) Steven Spielberg knows what he is doing, you may not like his films, but the man surely knows how to tell a story, and the film benefits from it a lot, because you see the dinosaurs only when you need to, you are introduced to a whole new world in a way that not many filmmakers could do, and the way he shots action is just brilliant. Another thing that will live forever about this film is its score, I love John Williams and all, but the one soundtrack that actually gives me goose bumps every time I listen to it is this one (and perhaps Harry Potter), so, you can imagine how I react every time you see the island for the first time, and Williams plays his music.

All the characters in the film are great, I particularly enjoy the relationship between Alan Grant (Sam Neill) and Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern), then you get really great supporting characters, as Malcolm, or even John Hammond (the owner of the Jurassic Park). All the things listed before, mixed with great writing and great timing, Jurassic Park is, and will be, an all time favourite for me, and for many others.
The film will be rereleased next week in the U.S. and on summer in Spain

MadHatterSays: Watch it!
                       4/5

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario