jueves, 11 de abril de 2013

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang


Kiss Kiss Bang Bang directed by Shane Black

Hey there! I have just watched this film (I had a free afternoon), so now that I've watched it, I might as well take a couple of minutes to write something about it, right?

Well, this is the story of Harry (Robert Downey Jr.) who basically steals for a living. However, one day, on an attempt to steal a toy store he and his partner get into real trouble. The partner gets killed and Harry runs away from the police, as you would imagine. BUT, on his getaway he sneaks into a casting room, he reads for the part as a distraction for the police, and what are the odds, he is taken to L.A. to audition for the actual part.

Once he is there there's a lot of crazy stuff going on, most of it it's crime stuff and action packed scenes, which I will not tell you about otherwise I would ruin the film for you. So, I'm going to go straight away to the actual film itself. First, the performances. OH MY GOD, I mean, I am quite used to watching Robert Downey Jr. being Tony Stark (Iron Man) that I actually couldn't picture him anywhere else, but hell he rocks in this film! Val Kilmer (whom I don't consider a great actor) was great too in his role, intriguing and funny, cool. Then you got Michelle Monaghan, which is "the perfect combination of sexy and cute" (Stolen line from a film, can you guess?) and she is as crazy as one can be, so, great!

I thought the writing was great and the twist were actually quite original and interesting. There were parts of it that were sort of "fillers" but I didn't care much because the film worked and I wasn't bored, so it has its flaws but overall I thought it was very well written. About the direction, well, let's say I've seen better (although the final scene with Jr. holding from the corpse's hand was pretty well shot).

So, it's a good, funny and entertaining story that doesn't take itself too serious and lasts just what it needs to last (90 minutes), so, if you don't know what to do and you got a couple of spare hours, this might be a nice solution to that.

MadHatterSays: watch it
                   3.5/5

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario